Residential/Commercial Inspections for:
- New Residential & Commercial Construction
- Remodeling & Tenant Improvements
- Repairs and/or Replacement
- City Business License
Courtesy Inspections for:
- Code Enforcement and Nuisance Abatement
Inspection Request Line:
Inspections require 24 hr notice. The Inspection Request line is:
- (510) 724-8914 (24-hr recorder)
Inspection Hours are:
- Morning 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- Afternoon 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
CURRENT SERVICES PROVIDED:
- Building inspections
- Housing program inspections
- Nuisance abatement
- Permit issuance
- Monitor for illegal construction
- Code Enforcement
OTHER SERVICES OFFERED:
- The Building Division will plan check small projects in-house.
- Larger projects are plan checked through an outside service.
- Illegal construction is investigated as reported.
Inspection for structural safety and crime scenes and fire related incidences are conducted on request as a coordinated effort with other departments.