The East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) reminds us all that there are water restrictions that are required by an Executive Order (see flyer) from Governor Brown. The order calls for a 20% reduction of water use. Outdoor irrigation is prohibited from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Other elements include:
- Limit watering of outdoor landscapes to two non consecutive days per week;
- Prevent Overspray and runoff when watering;
- Use a hose with a shut-off valve when hand washing motor vehicles;
- Use a broom or air blower, not water to clean driveways, sidewalks, patios and other hard surfaces; and
- Turn off any fountain or decorative water features that use potable water unless it is recyclable.
For more information, contact EBMUD at (866) 403-2683.